Each year, Somerset Academy offers young children a variety of interesting and exciting themes during our summer camp. Preschool and pre-kindergarten children have opportunities to participate in activities that encourage creativity and exploration through a “hands-on” approach while supporting appropriate development. Some of our past summer themes include: An Introduction to the Performing Arts, More ABC’s and I,2,3’s, Please!, On-site Field Trips: The Zoo, The Beach, The Planetarium and More, and An Introduction to the Artists: Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Picasso and Friends.
- Children ages 2-1/2 through 6 may enroll. This includes children who are currently in our prescool and pre-k programs, those entering in the fall or those who are not enrolled in our school but are looking for quality summer programs.
- Camp schedules occur the last week of June and the first three weeks of July, Monday through Thursday.
- The teaching staff for camp is comprised of the same professionals who teach with us during the school year, providing consistency for the children and a well-founded base of knowledge in early childhood development.
- Our summer camp programs maintain the same philosophy and approach to education that is provided during our school year.
- Registration begins in March.
For children eligible for Preschool in the Fall (ages 2 1/2 through older 3’s)
For children eligible for Pre-K in the Fall (4 by December 1)
Children finishing Young 5’s are not eligible to attend camp